Foundation in Content Design course
This 2 day CPD-certified training course is streamed live from Australia. It is designed for people who are new to content design or who want to improve their skills.
Who it's for
You should already be familiar with writing and creating content for websites or apps.
What you’ll learn
Building on Sarah Winters’ book, this course gives you the chance to design a single piece of content. You’ll do this by finding out who your users are, what they want from you, what they need and how to give it to them.
You’ll learn how to carry out desk research, understand it, and use this information to make evidence-based decisions.
At the end of the 2 days, you’ll be able to:
- understand how users think, talk and act,
- explain what your users want,
- visualise the journeys users take,
- organise content across channels to support their journey,
- understand how people read,
- structure information to match how people behave online,
- create user-centred content,
- improve content by working with others.
Who teaches the course
The course is delivered by Weave. Weave is a leading content strategy agency based in Melbourne.
Where and when the course happensThe course is taught online using Zoom. It starts each day at 9.30 am and finishes at 4.00 pm (AEST). On both days, we have a morning break and an afternoon break, and 1 hour for lunch.
- a good internet connection,
- an up to date web browser,
- a webcam,
- a Google account to log in to Google Docs.
How you’ll learn
Our courses are taught in small groups, so our class sizes are never more than 16 people. You’ll complete individual exercises, group work and take part in discussions. You’ll also have the chance to get 1 to 1 support.
Content Design London’s courses are CPD accredited. This means our programmes have been reviewed independently and certified for their quality. If you complete the course, you will receive a certificate which most UK employers recognise.